Welcome, Class of 2024!
Fall 2020 classes are scheduled to begin Wednesday, August 19. We are currently working with our campus partners to re-design our Orientation to adjust our calendar and ensure our programs adhere to public health guidance. Exact dates and details for New Student Orientation and Move In will be shared once they become available. We appreciate your patience as we work to make your transition to Tulane as safe, easy, and seamless as possible.
Held before classes begin in August, New Student Orientation is required for all incoming first-year students admitted into Newcomb-Tulane College. This mandatory five-day program begins with Move-In Day and includes programs and activities to set you up for success inside the classroom and help you thrive in your new community. Registration is not required for this program.
New Student Orientation is designed to:
- Facilitate a successful transition into the Tulane University community
- Introduce students to the academic experience within Newcomb-Tulane College
- Promote academic services and campus resources to help students thrive in their first year
- Foster a sense of community for students as they meet members of their class and build their support network with other students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Support students in developing goals and values that stress academic exploration, foster inclusion, and promote healthy behaviors
- Encourage exploration for involvement opportunities and community engagement experiences to assist students in exploring their interests and getting involved
New Student Orientation will help you settle in, get plugged in, and introduce you to some of Tulane’s greatest traditions. Visit the links to the right for more information.
ADVISING & REGISTRATION
The Class of 2024 will register for classes through a virual program called CAST: Cultivating Academic Success at Tulane. Visit the CAST website for more information.
Have a question regarding New Student Orientation? Contact us at (504) 865-5180 or email@example.com.